Floral Bell Blouse

Last weekend, I managed to squeeze in just enough sewing time to upcycle a second-hand sheer pleated skirt into a flowy bell sleeved top. This project wasn’t terribly difficult but it required quite a few steps. I detached the fabric from the skirt waistband and then proceeded to iron out all the pleats. As I had predicted, the amount of fabric nearly doubled once I smoothed out all the folds.  I cut the fabric using a Burda blouse pattern but I went rogue with alterations. I shortened the length, adjusted the bust, tightened the collar and closed the bell sleeves and voilà, ma belle blouse!

IMG_8860
Before & After

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s